Tuesday, February 02, 2010
List Day: 2010 Plans
- February: This month, we get to learn how to do our taxes as a couple, while spending most of the month quarantined at home behind huge tracts of snow.
March: Muse, the band with the brilliantly retarded music videos, performs live at the Patriot Center. We have general admission standing tickets ($55 each). Opening for the group is a band called Silversun Pickups -- I'm unfamiliar with the group and want to get into liking them, but the lead singer's voice sounds like the love child of auto-tune and a castrati alien singing an oratorio, liberally doused in WD-40.
After the concert, we're off for a week to Puerto Rico (Spanish for "small Rico"), because I now generate 5.39 hours of leave every week, and if I don't hit the button to reset it every so often, the world will implode.
- April: We will be replacing Rebecca's 1998 Toyota Corolla with a more high-class vehicle that better reflects our extravagant lifestyle -- maybe a Civic.
- May: We'll start an herb garden so we don't have to buy parsley by the bushel only to watch it go bad.
- June: We'll take another vacation, this time to the California coast to visit relatives and go on a driving tour that will make us realize that Sterling really isn't so far from Arlington after all.
- July/August: There are no plans for these months yet, but I imagine they will involve mowing the lawn, getting bitten by forest mosquitoes, and visiting peoples' new babies.
- September: I turn 31 and likely die. Maybe we should go to the Outer Banks to celebrate?
- October: Perhaps we'll write a second burger review this month, making our URIviews blog an annual affair.
- November: As usual, the Month of Thanksgivings is a carb-carrying member of our fattening holiday schedule.
- December: No plans here either -- even 10 months in advance is a stretch for planning purposes, because all manner of hijinks could have happened in the interim.
What are you looking foward to this year?
Calvin & Hobbes creator looks back with no regrets
Chicken plays chicken on a busy street
Pork better for sex than Viagra
You are currently viewing a single post from the annals of URI! Zone history.
The entire URI! Zone is © 1996 - 2021 by Brian Uri!. Please see the About page for further information.
Jump to Top
Jump to the Front Page