Wednesday, February 02, 2022
Time-lapsed Blogography Day
BU at multiple data points
- 28 years ago today, on February 2, 1994, I finished preliminary sketches on my Art class project, "Bear Drinking From Waterfall". (JJ Abrams would later steal this idea for his show, LOST). After school, I went to the Burke branch library to get sources for my English paper on Jack London, "London's House Is Falling Down". I was excited that I already had 13 sources to cite.
- 27 years ago today, on February 2, 1995, we had a half day at school and received our report cards for the 2nd quarter. I received all As and a B+ in physics ("There is no A. You must all work harder!" Dr. Patel exclaimed with his finger shaking at us emphatically). In the evening, I went to Hayfield High School for the sightreading portion of All-District Band. (The concert for this band would ultimately be cancelled for snow).
- 26 years ago today, on February 2, 1996, All-District Band rehearsals (and the eventual concert) were cancelled for snow -- hopefully someone has learned to not schedule this in the middle of winter in the ensuing quarter century. I stayed home creating multiplayer DOOM II maps and playing LucasArts' underwhelming new game, The Dig.
- 24 years ago today, on February 2, 1998, I went to my History and Analysis of Musical Styles class (HAMS) and then spent the day beta-testing text adventure games as a way to inspire myself to write my own.
- 21 years ago today, on February 2, 2001, I attended my opaque math class (Numerical Methods) and a brass master class, then spent the rest of the day editing and printing parts to my latest brass ensemble piece, Vanishing Point. In the evening I watched a long forgotten movie with Anna and Rosie in the Foxridge apartment.
- 20 years ago today, on February 2, 2002, I hung out at Mike's apartment in Tallahassee and then went to a bar with Mike and Kathy to play pool (this was 6 days before Mike bought his own pool table and crammed it into his tiny apartment). Mike told me that he and Mark had poked around the music department head's office one night and found a sheet with a list of new masters students in order of preference and that I was number one on the list -- on one hand, nice to hear, and on the other hand, just the type of thing Mike might invent to mess with you.
- 9 years ago today, on February 2, 2013, I went to the Sterling Costco to buy bacon-wrapped tenderloins then did some careful ductwork in the house. Rebecca and I went to a new restaurant, Euro Bistro, for dinner. It was underwhelming, accordion player notwithstanding, and we never returned.
- 8 years ago today, on February 2, 2014, Booty was sick. We attended a Super Bowl party at David & Sabrina's but only lasted until the 3rd quarter.
- 4 years ago today, on February 2, 2018, I wrote about convolutional neural networks for work and went to the dentist. Maia was 30 weeks old and rolling places.
- 2 years ago today, on February 2, 2020, we threw a half-hearted Super Bowl party with the family of Maia's friend, Nolan. We made it until halftime before the kids got tired.
You are currently viewing a single post from the annals of URI! Zone history.
The entire URI! Zone is © 1996 - 2023 by Brian Uri!. Please see the About page for further information.
Jump to Top
Jump to the Front Page