Tuesday, December 03, 2013
A smattering of events from 2013
- I started "The Daily Hour" for self-improvement, which lasted about six months.
- I went to my first gaming convention, for Evil Mike's bachelor party.
- We tried swing dancing at the Dulles Hilton. Rock-stepping is dumb.
- Mike and Taje got married!
- We spent the Super Bowl at the Crane's.
- I learned how to program in Python.
- I learned how to play the blues in C on the electric bass.
- We went to the horrible Luma Theater of Light show at the Birchmere.
- We took a vacation weekend in Waynesboro, VA.
- I was sorely disappointed by the newest Starcraft sequel.
- We celebrated St. Patrick's Day with the Cranes and Easter with the Whitmers.
- I finally bought a new, expensive office chair, reducing back problems by a factor of 3.
- We started growing homemade tomatoes.
- I started writing open-source bug-tracking software, called Bugler.
- We had a Quatre de Mayo barbeque, which turned out to be one of two barbeques we would have this year.
- We went to Winchester for a Spellerberg reunion.
- Rebecca graduated from PTA school!
- We flew through the air on trapezes.
- We gained a new occupant in our basement.
- We met Brianne at the Hungarian Folk Festival and the world did not end. However, she fled the country immediately after she met us.
- We watched the fireworks at Lake Barcroft.
- Rebecca took her super-crazy PTA exam and passed with a super-crazy high score.
- We took a vacation weekend in Solomons, MD.
- Elisa visited and we went to wineries.
- The URI! Zone started its 18th year.
- We went camping in Greenbrier State Park.
- We went to a wedding at Early Mountain Winery.
- We did a blind wine taste test with the Smiths and Ahlbins, and learned that Rebecca likes the really expensive stuff.
- I gave up on Bugler and started Auricle.
- We hiked the Billy Goat Trail.
- We watched Miss Saigon at the Signature Theatre.
- I turned 34 and probably died.
- We had our Fall Barbeque and met some neighbours.
- We spent the government shutdown hiking around Harper's Ferry.
- We went to the Fall Festival at Doukenie Winery.
- We went to a pumpkin carving party at Katie and Joe's.
- We passed out candy at Max and Leigh Ann's.
- We returned to Harper's Ferry for more hiking fun.
- We traveled to Linden, VA for Elizabeth's birthday.
- We stayed in a posh cabin for Annie's birthday.
- We hosted only 1 Thanksgiving, involving 4 children.
- We had real Thanksgiving with my family.
How was 2013 for you?
You are currently viewing a single post from the annals of URI! Zone history.
The entire URI! Zone is © 1996 - 2023 by Brian Uri!. Please see the About page for further information.
Jump to Top
Jump to the Front Page