Wednesday, January 01, 2020
The Tens: Decade Highlights
- 2010: Conceived and released my first open-source library, DDMSence. Saw Muse in concert. Rebecca bought her current car. Visited Puerto Rico, Spokane, San Francisco, Emerald Isle, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire. Rebecca stopped selling custom T-Shirts. I played Minecraft.
- 2011: We visited Arkansas and the Outer Banks. Rebecca went to Peru and started Physical Therapy school. We overhauled our entire kitchen. I played Skyrim.
- 2012: I worked on government data standards and bought a treadmill. I bought my current car. We visited Quebec and Montreal. I played Diablo 3.
- 2013: Rebecca graduated from PT school and went trapezing. We didn't go anywhere huge, but continued our spree of Bed & Breakfasts across Virginia and Maryland.
- 2014: Rebecca got her first iPhone. We visited Greenbrier Resort, French Creek State Park, the Outer Banks, and Seattle. We played Dungeons and Dragons for the first time.
- 2015: We had dual flus. I got into THE CLOUD. I built a shed with my dad. We went to Munich, Grindelwald, Montreux, and Geneva, after Rebecca hiked around Mt. Chamonix with her sculpted arm muscles.
- 2016: Got my first smartphone. Conceived and released my second open-source project, Sparkour. We visited Pittsburgh and Colorado. I played lots of Overwatch. I left my company for the commercial world.
- 2017: I overworked for a startup. I bought an Oculus Rift. Maia was born! I became a stay-at-home dad, then a work-whenever-I-want-dad at my old company.
- 2018: We visited LA and Rhode Island, as well as random rental houses around Virginia mountains. I got hooked on Advent of Code. Maia survived!
- 2019: Continued visiting random rentals for brief weekends. We got a new roof. I turned 40. We returned to Montreal for our 10th wedding anniversary. I did Advent of Code again. Maia survived!
You are currently viewing a single post from the annals of URI! Zone history.
The entire URI! Zone is © 1996 - 2020 by Brian Uri!. Please see the About page for further information.
Jump to Top
Jump to the Front Page