Friday, September 26, 2014
List Day: 25 Things About Google Apps That Annoy Me
- The Grid icon adds a useless extra click when accessing common tools like the Calendar.
- Google Plus was a good idea until they forced integration across all of the other tools. I'm glad they're letting it die now.
- Every workflow is oriented around the way Google WANTS you to do something, not the way you NEED do it.
- Google assumes that every event is going to be mappable.
- Contacts can only be grouped by "All" or "Most Popular". There's no way to have custom groups.
- Contacts are permanently sorted by first letter, and half our company is listed with last name first.
- When you click on a change in the Revision History, the document doesn't scroll down to that change.
- Translation between Google formats and Microsoft formats is still laughably awful.
- Comments lose attribution when converted to Word.
- It takes two clicks just to see the page count.
- Deleting an email in a conversation deletes the entire conversation.
- I have never found an archived email I was looking for on page one of search results.
- Having labels also represent folders is a confusing mental model.
- When there are multiple new emails in a conversation, it's easy to miss the older ones.
- "Reply to All" often bugs out and refuses to open a draft window.
- Creating filters is more tedious than simply deleting the messages.
- The client software causes catastrophic sync errors as soon as you use it on more than one computer regularly.
- When I drag something, it's because I want to copy and paste a filename, and NEVER because I want to move it!
- Every third or fourth visit, GDrive goes into weird, flashy mode where the page endlessly refreshes until Firefox runs out of memory.
- I NEVER want Google to attempt to render a file when I click on it. Just let me download it.
- It takes four clicks to download a file.
- It takes several seconds for Google to render a file past page one, even if you just opened it a few minutes ago. How about some caching?
- GDrive is always syncing your changes whether you like it or not. There is no "commit" option.
- Version Control is useless. It takes four clicks to manage revisions when not using the buggy GDrive client.
- It is super easy to completely overwrite a file and its history by accident.
You are currently viewing a single post from the annals of URI! Zone history.
The entire URI! Zone is © 1996 - 2023 by Brian Uri!. Please see the About page for further information.
Jump to Top
Jump to the Front Page