Wednesday, December 27, 2017
A smattering of events from 2017
- Finally dropped my daily print newspaper subscription in favour of Sundays and web access.
- We started going out a little bit more once Rebecca felt less sick because of internal Maia.
- Had a gender reveal party for our parents.
- Continued to work long hours at the startup but greatly cut back on trips to Fairfax (and the associated breakfasts at Denny's).
- Bought an Oculus Rift with my tax refund.
- Got a visit from Alice of South Carolina.
- Had St. Patrick's Day party with plenty of corned beef.
- My office moved to Herndon.
- We started registering for a bunch of baby nonsense.
- Let friends play with the Oculus Rift and watched Evil Mike cower from robot spiders.
- Painted my former home office as a nursery.
- Sent our friend, Michelle, off to Berkeley.
- Went to a bunch of baby showers.
- Had a babymoon in Ocean City.
- Had "Friend Dinners" once a week with Sara, Car, and Ben.
- Kitty died.
- Discovered a new restaurant where the Tuesday special was 35 fried shrimp.
- Helped Sara move across Reston.
- Waited impatiently for Maia's arrival.
- Celebrated the 4th in Taylorstown.
- Had Maia, and a lot of late nights.
- Had homemade sushi in our kitchen.
- Booty died.
- We helped Sara move to Minneapolis for grad school.
- Went to a wedding while Maia complained at Grandma in the hotel.
- Maia met everyone and her 3 Binder cousins.
- I quit my job at the startup.
- We had our first barbeque of the year.
- Maia hated sleeping.
- I did the stay-at-home dad thing.
- We went to SterlingFest.
- I got a new part-time job at my old job.
- Maia got to meet Felicity in Fredericksburg.
- We went to a Halloween party as a family.
- I got in the rhythm of having a part-time job and staying at home dadding.
- We had a yoga holiday potluck dinner.
- Celebrated Thanksgiving in Taylorstown.
- Maia started solid foods, learned to sit up, and learned to clap.
- We got a wee bit of snow.
- We went to a Scotch Night at Car and Ben's.
- Sara stayed in our basement for the holidays.
- We celebrated Christmas with both sets of grandparents in sequence.
How was 2017 for you?
You are currently viewing a single post from the annals of URI! Zone history.
The entire URI! Zone is © 1996 - 2023 by Brian Uri!. Please see the About page for further information.
Jump to Top
Jump to the Front Page