Friday, December 19, 2014
A smattering of events from 2014
- We had 15 of Rebecca's family from her mother's side over for a holiday dinner.
- I released v0.1.0 of Auricle which quizzed you on music notation, and then I never worked on it again.
- It rained, snowed, or iced over almost every other day, destroying the fan motor on my heat pump.
- It snowed a million times and the Winter Olympics had too many speed skating events.
- We partied with the Miricks for the first time in forever, at a 222 Reunion gathering (on 2/15 because 2/22 was booked).
- Rebecca got her first iPhone.
- I got food poisoning and mostly died.
- We ate bacon for Marv's birthday at a giant McMansion in Arlington.
- We tried Bonchon for the first time and Rebecca ate all of the super spicy wings without hesitation.
- We went to Delmarva's Taphouse for one of the last visits before they were closed for tax evasion.
- We went to the Greenbrier Resort and were confused by modern slot machines.
- I made my own badminton net.
- I finished my first Coursera class, which was somewhere between "bad" and "not good".
- We planted some more tomatoes, which quickly overshadowed a useless pepper plant.
- Rebecca went to Columbus for a weekend while I played ultimate frisbee.
- We had our first of two barbeques for the year.
- We went to Taste of Reston with child-free Kathy.
- Rebecca had a birthday dinner with Asian Fusion Pork.
- Rebecca went to yoga camp in Massachusetts, and then we met to go camping in Pennsylvania.
- We finally saw Anna's parents again in Colonial Beach.
- We took out a second mortgage to eat tapas at Mokomandy with Marc.
- I tried out Wildstar, which didn't last.
- We had a barbeque with the Newdorfs and Ahlbins.
- We saw Jim Gaffigan at Wolf Trap.
- Rebecca got a new laptop to replace the one made out of stone.
- We went to Beach Week in Kill Devil Hills with the Jacksons and many others.
- I arranged Tenting Tonight for brass quintet.
- Rebecca went to Ocean City with the girls, and I taught the Ahlbins how to play Gloom.
- I lost my FitBit in Harper's Ferry, on the occasion of our fifth anniversary.
- We played a weird German boardgame at the Smiths.
- We took a whirlwind tour of Seattle and its environs.
- Mike of (Mike and Ghost Chompy) came out to visit us from the West.
- We learned how to play Dungeons and Dragons.
- We had one fake Thanksgiving and two real ones.
- I started playing the trumpet again for about 15 minutes a day (so more than most undergraduate music ed majors).
How was 2014 for you?
You are currently viewing a single post from the annals of URI! Zone history.
The entire URI! Zone is © 1996 - 2023 by Brian Uri!. Please see the About page for further information.
Jump to Top
Jump to the Front Page