Tuesday, December 04, 2012
A smattering of events from 2012
In the grand scheme of things, 2012 was a rather disappointing year, because I committed so much of it to work. This only happens ever 2 or 3 years, but is definitely more noticeable when married rather than single. I still like my job a whole lot more often than I hate it though -- I get to work my brain to come up with innovative solutions and make enough money to buy lots of really bad television shows and video games.
- I average 60 hours per week at work on UNIVERSAL CORE while Rebecca returns to Physical Therapy school.
- We try to escape to Charlotte for New Years, but are thwarted by Booty's urinary tract infection. Instead we have Game Night at Page & Brian's.
- We buy a treadmill, which will ultimately lead me to losing 11 pounds over the course of the year.
- I average 72 hours per week at work on UNIVERSAL CORE! while Rebecca spends every day studying.
- We watch the Super Bowl at Page & Brian's.
- I average 60 hours per week at work on UNIVERSAL CORE!! while Rebecca spends every day studying.
- We take a rare break and return to Brightwood Farm for a weekend and eat Bavarian food.
- We have friends over for St. Patrick's Day and eat corned beef.
- Oliver the Cat dies.
- I average 50 hours per week at work on UNIVERSAL CORE!!! while Rebecca spends every day studying.
- I was slowly sideswiped by a texting teen.
- I give up on Museday 2012 posts.
- I return to a regular work schedule, but am so burnt out that I have no idea what to do with all of my free time.
- I buy a new 2012 Honda Accord with fart-repellant leather seats.
- I play a lot of Diablo 3.
- We go to A Taste of Reston for the paella and run into James and Diana.
- Rebecca goes on a Midwest roadtrip, just in time for me to throw out my back.
- A derecho devastates my neighbour's tree.
- We trade in our "we worked for four straight months" tokens for a trip to Brianne's homeland, narrowly choosing Quebec over Edmonton and Banff.
- We prolong our adolescent summer vacation with a trip to the Outer Banks with Kathy, Chris, Mallory, and Hannah.
- I think there was a baby born somewhere in one of our circles, but honestly, there are so many babies, that I can't keep track.
- We go camping with the extended family at Greenbrier State Park.
- We eat pork skewers while watching the Olympics with Annie and Marc.
- We use the excuse of a company party to avoid the $15 parking charge at the Air and Space Museum Annex.
- We have a big barbeque and invite everyone, to apologize for the fact that we were essentially dead like Gandalf for the first half of the year.
- I turn 33, which is still closer to birth than death (I will die at 80 in an intersection car accident).
- My first nephew turned 2 and my second nephew turned 0.
- We celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary by returning to the winery for the first time since 2009.
- Rebecca decides to live in Winchester 5 nights a week, so I play a lot of video games.
- We have a rocking Halloween party.
- I try my hand at live-blogging and decide that having a website is much easier for the lazy.
- Mike (of Chompy and Mike) finally returns to the East Coast for a Big Gay Football Weekend, and we eat steak and eggs.
- I learn about HaDOOPen.
- I skip Month of Thanksgivings because Rebecca is still in Winchester.
- I discover Reddit and waste a lot of time.
How was 2012 for you?
You are currently viewing a single post from the annals of URI! Zone history.
The entire URI! Zone is © 1996 - 2020 by Brian Uri!. Please see the About page for further information.
Jump to Top
Jump to the Front Page