Tuesday, December 06, 2011
A smattering of events from 2011
- We spent the New Year's holiday in Williamsburg.
- Paige came to visit and steal some DS games, because there is nothing to do in Russia.
- It sort of snowed, but everyone had run out of lame titles for the storm.
- I got a new computer, which has proven to be more annoying to configure than the previous one. Pattern detected.
- Kelley and Kathy move to northern Virginia and Kelley won at poker.
- I was rewarded at work for an alleged reputation for excellence.
- We went on an 18-mile hike on the Bull Run - Occoquan Trail. (I happened to stumble across my car at the 11-mile mark, and returned later for the pizza).
- We spent a weekend along Skyline Drive at Brightwood Farms, where Rebecca fed some goats.
- We had people over for St. Patrick's Day corned beef.
- In search of a way to create enjoyable updates from minimal effort, "Memory Day: Snapshots" was born.
- We went to Arkansas for Baylis & Richie's wedding, and got stranded in Atlanta for hours.
- We mounted an OTA HD antenna in our attic, in order to get the basic networks for free without doing ancient tribal dances with the antenna at various angles in the living room.
- Portal 2 came out and was highly enjoyable.
- We had an Easter party where people got unusually competitive during the egg hunt, not unlike Fairfax youth sports parents.
- We traveled to Richmond for Sam & Kristen's wedding
- Rebecca fled to Peru while my Dad and I installed new kitchen cabinets that go all the way to the ceiling.
- I decided to change jobs within my company, and then spent the next two months waiting for the contract to come through so I could actually start working.
- We took an extremely muggy hike up Old Rag.
- We celebrated Rebecca's 28th birthday with a giant barbeque.
- We joined the FGM Volleyball team, and surprisingly found ourselves in the playoffs.
- We went to Charlotte for Amanda & Frank's wedding over the Fourth of July weekend.
- We painted our kitchen ORANGE.
- We had our near-annual Beach Week at the "Sea Prize" in Corolla.
- Anna had MORE BABIES.
- We went on a camping trip with Rebecca's Loudoun relatives.
- We started watching The Wire.
- I stopped playing World of Warcraft, for probably the last time ever.
- There was an earthquake and everyone died.
- I reread the Harry Potter books, and remain of the opinion that some of the later angst could have been trimmed, especially in Book 5.
- I celebrated my 32nd birthday with cake, steak, and Guinness.
- I coded DDMSence 2.0.0, but red tape prevented its release for another two months.
- We celebrated our second anniversary at the Ice House Cafe.
- We attended the wedding of Emily & Brian, during which I saved the day by spreading the word that the lights were on in Brian's parents' car.
- Mike (of Mike and Chompy) restarted his blog and kind of did an okay job of continuing to update it.
- We celebrated Annie's birthday with all sorts of cheese.
- I started playing Skyrim nonstop.
- We had two of our usual three Thanksgivings, one with babies, and one without.
- We went to Becca & Jason's wedding, where the median age of guests was 6.
You are currently viewing a single post from the annals of URI! Zone history.
The entire URI! Zone is © 1996 - 2023 by Brian Uri!. Please see the About page for further information.
Jump to Top
Jump to the Front Page