Tuesday, December 07, 2010
A smattering of events from 2010
- We travelled to Columbus, Ohio in the dead of winter for New Years, and then got snowed into a B&B in Pennsylvania on the way home.
- We attended our last CustomInk holiday party, and our first FGM holiday party (where we won the docking station that forced the purchase of an iPod).
- I added song information to all 1200 MP3s in my collection.
- It snowed, a bit more than usual.
- DDMSence was conceived (blizzards often lead to conceptions).
- We saw Muse in concert at the Patriot Center.
- We spent a week in Puerto Rico, hiking and avoiding beach stalkers.
- DDMSence was released.
- Rebecca took a pottery class.
- Rebecca bought a new car!
- Ella turned 3. Some other babies aged throughout the year too, but there are too many to list now so you can assume they are all 3.
- Jack became the boss of the boss of the boss.
- Rebecca went to the Grand Canyon.
- LOST ended, with the series finale having been written by the producer's seven-year-old.
- We joined a volleyball team, and competed against the volleyball team at my work.
- We went camping at Assateague next to piles of pony poo.
- We attended an outdoor wedding in 100 degree heat.
- Rebecca turned 27.
- We bought a Kindle.
- We spent the Fourth of July with family, building things out of matches and torching them down.
- We attended a wedding in Spokane, Washington.
- We visited San Francisco and its environs, including the Sterling winery.
- Mike (of Mike and Chompy) came down to visit on the spur of the moment because he is incapable of planning ahead.
- Starcraft 2 was released.
- We went to Jazz in the Garden on the one day there's a lingering thunderstorm, and ate weird food with people from Grinnell.
- We traveled to Barboursville for a winery tour and a baby shower.
- Rebecca quit her T-shirt bidness.
- We traveled to Emerald Isle for beach week with Sam and Kristen.
- I turned 31 and likely died.
- Sam the Nephew was born.
- I discovered Minecraft.
- We traveled to Massachusetts and New Hampshire to see Chompy and hike up White Mountain.
- We survived one full year of marriage.
- We traveled to Blacksburg to meet the baby.
- We hosted a rocking Halloween Party which was deintensified by the day-long Jon Stewart rally that everyone got tired at beforehand.
- Emily visited, with the obligatory cute Spellerberg baby.
- We went to the Potomac Point Winery and pretended to be yuppies.
- We ate three Thanksgiving dinners.
We look a lot less lazy than we actually are when I write everything down!
Wild boar gets the wurst of the attack
Explosive-laden Calif. home to be destroyed
Woman reports snowman theft
You are currently viewing a single post from the annals of URI! Zone history.
The entire URI! Zone is © 1996 - 2023 by Brian Uri!. Please see the About page for further information.
Jump to Top
Jump to the Front Page