Time-lapsed Blogography Day
BU at multiple data points
- 27 years ago today, on July 24, 1992, I was packing for a week-long trip to Hershey Park with my friend, James Houck. We stayed in a pop-up camper during the week, and the main thing I brought was my Super Nintendo so we could play A Link to The Past when not at the park.
- 25 years ago today, on July 24, 1994, I purchased the CD-ROM edition of Betrayal at Krondor, a computer game based on Raymond Feist's Magician series.
- 24 years ago today, on July 24, 1995, I was at Governor's School. We had a master class with some notable but long forgotten jazz musician who worked through Satin Doll with us but never got further than 4 bars before stopping to critique our poor progress. This poor progress was due to the fact that we had just received the piece and were sightreading, while he presumed that we had been working on it all month long.
- 23 years ago today, on July 24, 1996, I was doing my first internship at PEPCO and chatting online in the Inn of the Weary Traveler RPG chatroom with a Canadian acquaintance, Judy, who I was unable to relocate in my recent round of outreach.
- 18 years ago today, on July 24, 2001, I went over to Anna's house to hang out with her family, as well as Ben's family. After going to the pool, we played board games all afternoon long then had McDonald's for dinner.
- 15 years ago today, on July 24, 2004, I worked on converting a central bookshelf in my basement into a bar.
- 8 years ago today, on July 24, 2011, we had just arrived in the Outer Banks with Brian & Page, Alice, and Annie. Amanda & Frank and Emily & Brian arrived later.
- 4 years ago today, on July 24, 2015, we were touring Biergartens in Munich.
- 3 years ago today, on July 24, 2016, we had dinner at The V and started the second season of Fargo.
You are currently viewing a single post from the annals of URI! Zone history.
The entire URI! Zone is © 1996 - 2019 by Brian Uri!. Please see the About page for further information.
Jump to Top
Jump to the Front Page