Wednesday, February 28, 2018
End-of-the-Month Highlights Day
New photos have been added to the Life, 2018 album. Google Photos sucks.
- Had our neighbours, Aaron, Vanessa, and Jaxon, from across the street over for chili on S 2/3.
- Welcomed the Edwardses over for a snowy visit on S 2/4.
- Maia got her flu booster as a 7 month old on T 2/6.
- Watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics on F 2/9.
- Rebecca's parents watched Maia so we could go on a Valentine's weekend date, first to a chocolate-beer pairing at Old Ox Brewery and then to Ford's Fish Shack for an early dinner on S 2/10.
- Rebecca went to the graduation of the newest batch of yoga teachers from her studio while I took Maia across the street to Jaxon's 1st birthday party on S 2/11.
- We celebrated Valentine's Day with tasty noodle dishes from Rollplay which Rebecca picked up on her way home from work on W 2/14.
- We had a family date at Coal Fire Pizza on F 2/16.
- We had a snowy Olympics viewing party all afternoon with Jessika and Tammy on S 2/17.
- While settling in for some Overwatch, I spilled a pint of beer all over my keyboard and router on S 2/18. The router ended up working again after a night on the dehumidifier.
- Went to the mall for a mall-walk on President's Day M 2/19.
- Enjoyed the 74 degree weather by going to the park on T 2/20, and then got sick for the rest of the week with a sore throat and sinus pressure.
- Tried out a mechanical keyboard to replace the beer-soaked one on W 2/21 but quickly abandoned it after realizing it would wake up Maia and the dead.
- Had classic Chinese delivery for dinner on F 2/23.
- Cancelled a birthday dinner with my parents due to various sicknesses on S 2/24. Rebecca had waffles with Car and Ben. Noticed Maia's first two teeth (on the bottom).
- Did our taxes on S 2/25. Rebecca and Maia drove Marc home from the airport while I went out for a solo dad date at Miller's again.
- Maia had her first real cold on T 2/27, clearly caught from dad. Rebecca caught it too. Dad is a trendsetter.
- No projects of note this month although I wrote about convolutional neural networks for work and planned out some educational intentions for March.
- Had to purchase a new oven (delivered yesterday) since the old one started smelling like burnt insulation whenever we cooked higher than 350 degees.
- Got to level 1042 in Overwatch. Gave Super Mario Odyssey another good faith shot and got bored after about 8 moons.
- Enjoyed watching Big Little Lies, Season One and Good Place, Season One.
February's Final Grade: C+, Sickness sucks.
You are currently viewing a single post from the annals of URI! Zone history.
The entire URI! Zone is © 1996 - 2024 by Brian Uri!. Please see the About page for further information.
Jump to Top
Jump to the Front Page