- The composition can be for any instrumentation. It can have an actual score or be a pure synthesized realization that might not be possible to perform in the real world.
- It must not be longer than thirty seconds.
- It does not necessarily have to have a start, middle, and end -- it can just be a fragment of something grander.
- It should be composed in thirty minutes or less. If time runs out, I post whatever I managed to finish, be it good, indifferent, or makeup on a corpse.
- The title of the piece must be a word from a random word generator, although this word doesn't necessarily have to be incorporated in the piece.
Oleaginous: (adj.) Unctuous; fawning; smarmy.My Composition (0:28 MP3)
I kept being interrupted by post-workday work while composing this one, so I didn't get to smooth out the kinks as much as I would have liked -- I envisioned a short, pudgy, used-car salesman type with a forced levity, who waddles around spouting perfectly agreeable answers that are just a little bit off. Listening to it this morning, the only memorable aspect of it is that the vibraphone lick in the middle somehow sounds like it should be on Wheel of Fortune.Pineapple robbed of video camera
Woman divorces husband for cleaning too much
Odd shorts from Europe
Previous Post: Weekend Wrap-up
Next Post: Audience Participation Day
You are currently viewing a single post from the annals of URI! Zone history. You can always contact me at The entire URI! Zone is © 1996 - 2014 by Brian Uri!. Please see the About page for further information.