Brian C. Uri
brian @ urizone.net
Address available on request
I have nearly 20 years of experience in software engineering, proposal writing, and government data standards. I'm also the creator and sole contributor for two open-source projects:
- Sparkour, an open-source collection of recipes for Apache Spark
- DDMSence, the only open-source library supporting the DoD Discovery Metadata Specification
The most relevant buzzwords in my alphabet soup include:
- Cloud Architecture: Amazon Web Services
- Data: Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop, Solr, Elasticsearch
I have also dabbled in Scala, R, Ruby, and many other technologies.
- Solutions Architect, Novetta, McLean, VA
October 2017 - Present
I provide subject matter expertise and word wizardry on proposals and whitepapers, using adaptable, scalable software architectures.
- Senior Software Engineer, AtWork Systems, Inc., Herndon, VA
November 2016 - August 2017
I provided full-stack software engineering for a commercial, cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering.
- Senior Architect, Novetta (formerly FGM Inc.), McLean, VA
May 2003 - November 2016
I provided technical leadership, data strategy, and business development support across multiple DoD/IC projects. I was involved in DISA's Enterprise Services activities dating back to the inception of the Net-Centric Enterprise Services (NCES) program, including Strategic Knowledge Integration Web (SKIWeb), Enterprise Service Monitoring (ESM), the Data Services Environment (DSE), Metadata Registry (MDR), Universal Core (UCore), and the DoD Discovery Metadata Specification (DDMS).
I also spearheaded division efforts to standardize and increase the efficacy of automated testing, and executed a pilot training opportunity to increase the number of AWS-certified architects and developers company-wide.
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Certified Big Data - Specialty, 2019 - 2022
- Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, 2018 - 2021
- Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, 2018 - 2021
- Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate, 2016 - 2021
- Certified Developer - Associate, 2015 - 2017, 2018 - 2021
- Certified Solutions Architect - Associate, 2015 - 2017, 2018 - 2021
- Certified Cloud Practitioner, 2018 - 2021
- Cloudera Certified Developer for Apache Hadoop CDH4, 2012
- CompTIA Security+, 2010
- Sun Microsystems
- Certified Web Component Developer, 2008
- Certified Java Developer, 2006
- Certified Java Programmer, 2004
- M.M., Music Composition, May 2003
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- B.S., Computer Science, May 2001
B.A., Music Theory/Composition, May 2001
Minor, Mathematics, May 2001
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA